Monday, March 17, 2014

The Beginning


Have you ever just felt a burning desire to do something more? Something that is beyond your self? That passion deep inside your heart to really set the world on fire? To feed the hungry, to give homes to the orphans, to change millions of lives all in the name of Christ?!
Recently I have felt this passion rising up within me. It’s like a tidal wave just hit me in the face and suddenly I’m re-evaluating everything that I do in life. It’s a feeling that’s unexplainable; it’s beyond me. It’s not about me. It’s that feeling that He made me and even in all my imperfections He wants to use me.
The problem with this kind of set the world on fire passion is the “NOW WHAT?!” feeling that soon follows. And then, the “maybe you’re calling the wrong person” that soon creeps up as well. Where do I begin? This is the question I have been asking. These are the words I have spoke over and over again in my time of prayer- when? How? What? “Lord, I will do whatever it is you want me to do, but what is it?” These are the words that I find slipping out day after day as my heart feels like it is ready to explode with hope for the hopeless. And, over and over again I seem to hear a still small voice saying “write”. Write what? “just write”….hmmm, ok …. So here I am. This is my first act of obedience. Today I will begin to write.
As I begin to write my prayer is that I will be able to be an encouragement to you. That as you follow my blog I will be a source of hope, healing, and help, and that above all God would be glorified as I start to write.

What is the Lord calling you to do that maybe you have been ignoring? What does that still small voice say if you would just listen? I pray that God would give you that same passion deep in your heart to be a world changer today, and then you would listen to the “what’s next” and follow where He leads. 

Sarah Lango



No comments:

Post a Comment